Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Somebody Make Me: Almond Joy Chocolate Spread


So, I came across a recipe for Almond Joy Chocolate spread and my jaw dropped. I mean, almond, coconut, and chocolate combined in a way that allows me to spread it on whatever I want? I can dollop some on vanilla ice cream. I can spread it on toast. I can place a scoop of it inside pre-made croissants to bake. I can eat it out of the jar with a spoon! So many possibilities…so many reasons to have this in my life...so many people I would fight, if need be, to get my hands on some of this.

Please, oh please, I’m begging you, make me a massive supply of Almond Joy Chocolate spread.

I found the recipe on TheHealthyFoodie.net which is ran by Sonia from Québec, Canada.

ALMOND JOY CHOCOLATE SPREAD

INGREDIENTS
(Yields 3 half pint jars)

  • 4 cups raw almonds
  • 200g unsweetened shredded coconut
  • ¼ cup unpasteurized honey
  • ½ cup extra dark cocoa powder
  • ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp ground cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Lay the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them in a 275F oven for about an hour, then raise the temperature to 350F and give them an extra 8-10 minutes or so, until the almonds get really fragrant and take a nice golden brown color.
  2. Take the almonds out of the oven and allow them to cool for at least 15 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, add the coconut to your food processor and process until it turns into a crumbly, thick paste, about 8-10 minutes (you will have to scrape the sides quite frequently). Add the honey and process until well combined. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
  4. Add the almonds to your food processor (no need to clean it, really) and process until smooth and creamy, about 10 minutes.
  5. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and process until well incorporated.
  6. Add reserved coconut paste and process again just to combine, no more.
  7. Transfer to glass jars and allow to rest for a few days before you dig in.
  8. You could keep this in the refrigerator if you wanted to, however, I dont’t believe that it’s really necessary, unless you intend on keeping it for an extended period of time (which I dare you to do!)

Mmmmm, come to mama!


post by Amanda

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some!!!!